Mary Helen Turner Scholarship Fund
The Illinois Association of Museums Scholarship Fund was established in 2002, and renamed the Mary Helen Turner Scholarship Fund in 2007, to allow members to attend local, statewide, regional, and/or national meetings, workshops and/or seminars pertinent to the museum profession. The purpose of the fund is to assist museum professionals and volunteers from member institutions, and individual members who might not otherwise be able to attend such meetings, to help defray the cost of professional development.
All individual members and staff/volunteers of institutional members of the Illinois Association of Museums are eligible for scholarships from the IAM Scholarship Fund. Preference will be given to attendees from small museums with limited budgets, professionals or volunteers who can prove economic need and/or professionals new to the field.
Scholarships from the IAM Scholarship Fund may be used to pay registration fees, lodging, and travel expenses to attend IAM approved meetings or workshops. If funding is limited and/or there are numerous applications, awards to cover registration costs will be made first; some lodging and travel fees will be covered if there is sufficient money remaining. The scholarships may be used for any of the following events:
- Illinois Association of Museums Annual Conference
- Illinois Association of Museums workshops
- American Association of Museums Annual Meeting
- American Association for State and Local History Annual Meeting
- American Association for State and Local History workshops
- Association of Midwest Museums Annual Conference
- Association of African American Museums meetings
- Campbell Center for Historic Preservation Studies course work or workshops
- American Law Institute-American Bar Association (ALI-ABA) Legal Problems of Museum Administration Seminar
- Other events as designated or approved by the IAM Board of Directors
For more information, contact IAM.